After their first use, most people are blown away by the sheer superiority that water flossers have over flossing string. They are comfortable, easy to use, and save you money over time. The question we keep getting is how people can make their water flossing experience even better.
We have gathered the top advice from the experts here at WaterFlosser.org and have brought them here for you to make their most out of your flossing time.
Whether you’re looking to make clean-up easier, clean your teeth and gums more efficiently, or simply find the best combination of tips and pressure settings for your unique mouth, we have all the answers you seek.
Top 5 Professional Tips for Using a Water Flosser
- Warm Water – Always fill the tank with fresh warm water before each use. This is more effective for cleaning teeth and creates a much more pleasurable experience than cold water.
- Adapters – The best idea is always to find a tip and pressure setting that feel right and clean your mouth perfectly each time. The first thing you need to do is try them all until you find the right one.
- No Splashing – To avoid splashing, you can either lean over the sink with your mouth slightly open to let water drain naturally or close your mouth completely and then stop to spit water occasionally.
- Angles – Choosing the right angle can be just as important as choosing the right setting or tip attachment. The optimal angle is always at 90 degrees. Simply align the water flosser with the gaps between your teeth and perform side-to-side sweeps across your mouth.
- Clean Your Tank – We have provided you with all the information you need to know about cleaning your water flosser, here.
Mastering all these steps will maximize the performance of your device and help you keep your teeth shining like diamonds